Centre Region COG
If "Apply Now" button is not functioning properly, please email resume and cover letter to:
Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) Office of Administration is the hub of activity for a diverse organization that serves the citizens of the Centre Region in the State College area of Centre County, PA. The Office of Administration supports the Regional Fire Protection Program, Office of Emergency Management, Centre Region Planning Agency, Parks and Recreation, Code Administration, and the Schlow Centre Region Library. The number of employees includes approximately 92 full-time, 33 part-time, as well as 160+ seasonal positions.
The newly-created HR Administrator position will be responsible for a variety of administrative functions in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Office and assisting the HR Officer in the personnel management of the Centre Region COG and its Agencies. This HR generalist position will have regular contact with employees, and therefore must build and maintain good working relationships with staff. The HR Administrator is expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of the Centre Region Council of Governments and the Office of Administration.
The primary duties/responsibilities of this position include:
* Processing of invoices, claims, and reimbursements for employee benefits, and making changes in the appropriate systems as needed to reflect any changes in benefits.
* Operating the technology required for remote meetings and recording the monthly HR Committee meeting minutes.
* Organizing, maintaining, and keeping up-to-date the paper and electronic files for the HR Office in accordance with employment and labor laws, and records retention and disposal policies.
* Assisting the HR Officer in organizing employee recruitment, onboarding, trainings, wellness initiatives, and reporting.
Requirements for this position include:
* A Bachelor's Degree in personnel administration or related field;
* 2+ years relevant human resources experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience;
* Professional HR Certification within 2 years of hire;
* Strong creativity and computer skills for tracking information, as well as creating forms, flyers, PowerPoints, newsletters, and communications, as needed;
* Excellent interpersonal skills;
* Valid PA Driver’s license.
Cover letter including salary requirements, resume, and contact information for three professional references should be submitted to:
Contact: Rebecca Petitt, HR Officer
Centre Region Council of Governments
2643 Gateway Drive, Suite 3
State College, PA 16801
Phone: (814) 272-1447
COG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SALARY RANGE: $48,586 to $55,838 DOQ w/ competitive benefits package