Centre Region Council of Govt
Parks and Recreation Assistant Director
If "Apply Now" button is not functioning properly, please email resume and cover letter to:
The Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) of State College, Pennsylvania is seeking candidates for the
position of Centre Region Parks and Recreation (CRPR) Assistant Director.
Centre Region Parks and Recreation offers year-round recreational programs and excellent parks and nature
facilities within five local governments (State College Borough, and the townships of College, Ferguson, Harris, and Patton) having a combined population of 94,900 residents covering a geographic area of approximately 130
square miles. It is in the beautiful Nittany Valley of Central Pennsylvania, the home of the University Park campus of The Pennsylvania State University.
This is full-time position, with a typical Monday-Friday schedule. At times, there may be additional evening/weekend hours required, and a flexible schedule is available in some instances. The position reports to
the Director of Parks & Recreation and specific duties include administrative, supervisory, and managerial support to the Director and department staff. The work involves budgeting assistance, strategic planning, policy
development, grant research and writing assistance, public relations, and promotional efforts.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in parks and recreation management, community services, or a related field.
• Minimum five (5) years supervisory experience in recreation and parks including work in the programming
and facilities management areas and in marketing and public relations, one (1) year of which is in local
• Minimum three (3) years of personnel experience and direct budgetary management.
• Grant-writing experience including the award of at least 3-5 grants.
• Multi-municipal and school district operations experience preferred.
• Candidates must have excellent communication and people skills.
Licenses and Certifications:
• Must have valid Pennsylvania driver’s license (or ability to regularly travel among facilities)
• NRPA Certified Parks and Recreation Professional and/or The Learning Resources Network Certified
Program Planner, or the ability to obtain within two (2) years of employment.
To apply, please download and complete the CRPR PDF Fillable Application on our employment page; then, email
the application, resume, cover letter, and 3-5 professional references by November 13, 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is Open Until Filled, with first round of applications being reviewed on November 13, 2023.
Centre Region Council of Governments is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Range and Benefits:
The hiring salary range for this position is $71,995-$90,194. The actual salary will be determined by the selected
candidate’s qualifications and commensurate experience. Centre Region Parks and Recreation offers an excellent
benefit package, including health, dental, vision, defined benefit pension plan and a voluntary retirement plan.