Glenn O Hawbaker
IT Support Specialist
If "Apply Now" button is not functioning properly, please email resume and cover letter to:
Coordinate service requests via Help Desk. Responsibilities include data entry and task assignment, troubleshooting assistance over the phone to end users, scheduling of external support resources, assisting with break fix activities for PC equipment, PO receiving and inventory tasks. This non exempt position works with direct and indirect supervision.
* Answer calls from GOH employees to Help Desk.
* Record all calls in IT Help Desk support application.
* Provide initial basic troubleshooting via call scripts.
*Provide call followup
* Route service calls to other IT resources for service; manage scheduling with external resources.
* Perform PO receiving and inventory tracking/ maintenance functions.
* Perform data entry functions.
*Perform hardware repair and configuration
* Perform work order follow ups to confirm help desk request is completed.
* Transport equipment within IT, throughout the corporate office.
* Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
* Perform additional administrative tasks and other assignments per supervisor's direction.
* Travel and/or drive personal vehicle to trainings, meetings, events, etc.
* Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
* Intermediate knowledge of voice and data technologies.
*Screen sharing technology
* Advanced knowledge of PC equipment.
* Communicate with employees and vendors who have widely differing levels of technical experience.
* Adapt to the constant changes in technology.
* Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
* Prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Follow through on issues in a timely manner.
* Efficiently and flexibly deal with changing priorities.
* Distinguish confidential and/or personal information and prevent unauthorized disclosures.
* Must have strong organizational skills.
* Must have excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Previous Help Desk or Call Center experience preferred.
* Current A+ certification or equivalent required.
* Site Specific Hazard Training
* At least bi annual Help Desk application Training depending on versions and release cycles
* Managing Priorities Training
* Effective Communications Training
* Customer Service Training
* At least bi annual Microsoft application refresher depending on releases and versions deployed
* (Constant 67 100%) Talk and hear in conversations with GOH employees and customers.
* (Constant 67 100%) Talk on telephone and hear telephone conversations.
* (Constant 67 100%) Sit for sustained periods of time.
* (Constant 67 100%) Frequently required to use basic office equipment such as phones, computer, copier, etc.
* (Constant 67 100%) Frequently required to use fingers/hands to type.
* (Constant 67 100%) Able to speak clearly.
* (Constant 67 100%) Must be able to see and read PC screens, read normal type size print.
* (Frequent 34 66%) Able to bend, stoop, kneel to file.
* (Occasional 0 33%) Lift items weighing 35 pounds or less
This is a safety sensitive position