Centre Region Council of Govt
Senior Land Use Planner
If "Apply Now" button is not functioning properly, please email resume and cover letter to:
Job requirements: Minimum four years of related experience Bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning or related discipline
The CRPA is an Agency of the Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) serving six municipalities in the State College area of Centre County, PA. The planning area has a population of approximately 95,000 people including Penn State students and a geographic area of 150 square miles.
The CRPA is seeking a talented individual to fill a key position in the organization that divides time between regional land use planning projects and local planning projects. The position requires a general knowledge of comprehensive land use planning; principles of sustainability; knowledge of zoning and subdivision ordinances, land development plan review; and some transportation planning issues. Interest in being part of a small team working towards integrating land use, sustainability, transportation, and other infrastructure in the community is valued. There is an expectation that all employees are committed to the mission, vision, and values of the Centre Region Council of Governments and the Centre Regional Planning Agency.
The position works under the general direction of a Principal Land Use Planner and includes:
• Assist with the preparation of major regional and local planning projects.
• A combination of skills in research, analysis, development, presentation, or interpretation of concepts and data pertaining to planning and implementation of plans such as the Regional Comprehensive Plan, Regional Climate Action and Adaptation Plan, and the Long-Range Transportation Plan.
• The ability to carry out research, write reports, or develop draft policies independently and make recommendations to assess and prioritize next steps.
• The ability to present in public to governing bodies, commissions, residents, and other groups.
• The ability to work constructively with external engineers, transportation planners, and other external groups to prepare and implement projects.
• The ability to work collaboratively with municipal engineers and zoning officers to review land development plans for conformance to the zoning ordinance, subdivision ordinance, and other local ordinances and policies.
• Experience working in a complex organizational environment and the ability to build consensus with elected officials, appointed officials, residents, authorities, and other stakeholders in the Centre Region.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in urban/regional planning, geography, landscape architecture, engineering, architecture, public administration, or related field.
The position is open until filled. Review of applications will occur as they are received. For more information on the CRPA, visit www.crcog.net.
Starting Salary: $63,249 to $75,899 DOQ
AICP Certification: Preferred, not required